ARVI: Runtime Verification Beyond Monitoring
- Research Line(s): Timeliness and Adaptation in Dependable Systems (TADS)
- Sponsor: COST (European Cooperation in Science and Technology)
- Project Number: COST Action IC1402
- Start Date: Dec. 2014
- Duration: 48 months
- Keywords: Runtime Verification
- Team at FCUL: 2 researchers, including José Rufino, Inês Gouveia
- Sponsored by:
Runtime verification (RV) is a computing analysis paradigm based on observing a system at runtime to check its expected behavior. RV has emerged in recent years as a practical application of formal verification, and a less ad-hoc approach to conventional testing by building monitors from formal specifications.
There is a great potential applicability of RV beyond software reliability, if one allows monitors to interact back with the observed system, and generalizes to new domains beyond computers programs (like hardware, devices, cloud computing and even human centric systems). Given the European leadership in computer based industries, novel applications of RV to these areas can have an enormous impact in terms of the new class of designs enabled and their reliability and cost effectiveness.
RV Group Work & Management Committee Meeting, FCUL - FCiências.ID (LaSIGE), Lisboa (PT), June 8-9, 2017.
- José Rufino, “Hardware Support for Non-intrusive Runtime Verification on Processor Technologies”, Ada User Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 287–290, Dec. 2018.
- José Rufino, Felix Dino Lange, Martin Leucker, Torben Scheffel, Malte Schmitz, Daniel Thoma, António Casimiro, “Non-intrusive Runtime Verification within a System-on-Chip”, Ada User Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 296–299, Dec. 2018.
- José Rufino, “Non-intrusive Observation and Runtime Verification of Avionic Systems”, Ada User Journal, vol. 39, no. 4, pp. 300–304, Dec. 2018.
- José Rufino, António Casimiro, Antónia Lopes, Frank Singhoff, Stéphane Rubini, Valérie-Anne Nicolas, Mounir Lallali, Mourad Dridi, Jalil Boukhobza, Lyes Allache, “NORTH - Non-intrusive Observation and RunTime verification of cyber-pHysical systems”, Ada User Journal, pp. 278–281, Jun. 2018.
- Stéphane Rubini, Valérie-Anne Nicolas, Frank Singhoff, José Rufino, “A Real-Time System Monitoring driven by Scheduling Analysis”, Ada User Journal, pp. 282–286, Jun. 2018.
- João de Sousa Alves, José Rufino, “On the (non-intrusive) observability of the CAN FD protocol”, in Proceedings of the 9th Simpósio de Informática (INForum 2017), Aveiro, Portugal, Oct. 2017.
- Inês Gouveia, “Non-intrusive Observation and Runtime Verification of Cyber-physical Systems”, Master’s thesis, Mestrado em Engenharia Informática, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Sept. 2017.
- António Casimiro, Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Enforcing Timeliness and Safety in Mission-Critical Systems”, in Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Reliable Software Technologies, Ada-Europe 2017, Vienna, Austria, Jun. 2017.
- Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Enforcing safety and security through non-intrusive runtime verification”, in Proceedings of the 1st Workshop on Security and Dependability of Critical Embedded Real-Time Systems (CERTS), Porto, Portugal, Dec. 2016, pp. 19–24. (co-located with the IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium 2016 (RTSS 2016))
- Inês Gouveia, José Rufino, “Non-intrusive runtime verification of embedded software”, in Proc. INForum 2016, 8º Simpósio de Informática - Poster Sessions, Lisboa, Portugal, Sept. 2016, pp. 1–2.
- José Rufino, Inês Gouveia, “Timeliness runtime verification and adaptation in avionic systems”, in Proceedings of the 12th workshop on Operating Systems Platforms for Embedded Real-Time applications (OSPERT), Toulouse, France, Jul. 2016.
- José Rufino, “Towards integration of adaptability and non-intrusive runtime verification in avionic systems”, ACM SIGBED Review, vol. 13, no. 1, Jan. 2016. (Special Issue on 5th Embedded Operating Systems Workshop)
- Rui Pedro Caldeira, Jeferson L. R. Souza, Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Methods and Tools for Assessment of Wireless Networks in Extreme Environments”, in IEEE International Conference on Wireless for Space and Extreme Environments 2015 (WiSEE), Miami, Florida, United States of America, Dec. 2015.
- Rui Pedro Caldeira, Jeferson L. R. Souza, Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “A Tool for Real-Time Assessment of IEEE 802.15.4 Networks Through Fault Injection”, in Proceedings of the 7th Simpósio de Informática (INFORUM), Covilhã, Portugal, Sept. 2015.
- Ricardo Correia Pinto, José Rufino, “Exploiting Non-intrusive Monitoring in Real-Time Embedded Operating Systems”, in Proceedings of the 4th Embedded Operating Systems Workshop (EWiLi) - Poster Session, Lisbon, Portugal, Nov. 2014, pp. 1–2.
BibTeXNavigators - ARVI project
|Current projects:||DiSIEM, SEAL, AQUAMON, UPVN, IRCoC, Xivt, Abyss|
|Past projects:||TCLOUDS, MASSIF, MAFTIA, RESIST NoE, KARYON, HIDENETS, CORTEX, CRUTIAL, TRONE, SITAN, ReD, DIVERSE, CloudFIT, READAPT, REGENESYS, RC-Clouds, TACID, DARIO, RITAS, AJECT, MICRA, DEAR-COTS, COPE, DEFEATS, MOOSCO, TOPCOM, NORTH, SUPERCLOUD, COST Action IC1402, SEGRID, BioBankCloud, SAPIENT, PROPHECY, SecFuNet, FTH-Grid, AIR-II, AIR, ESFORS, CaberNet, GODC, BROADCAST, CoDiCom, Delta-4, RAPTOR|