- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Homepage: http://homepages.lasige.di.fc.ul.pt/~mhenriques/
- Advisor(s): Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves
I am a PhD student at the Faculty of Sciences University of Lisbon and I am also a junior researcher at LaSIGE research group. My adivsors are Professor Alysson Bessani and Professor Nuno Neves. My mains research interests are Intrusion-tolerance, Diversity and Rejuvenations. I am also interested in topics such as Advanced Persistent Threats, DDoS attacks, Privacy concerns and Smart-grids security. In 2011 I have finished my M.Sc on Diversity Management in Intrusion Tolerant Systems, advised by Professor Alysson Bessani and Professor Nuno Neves. My thesis' contribution was a study on operating system vulnerabilities that showed that there is empirical evidence supporting the idea that the use of different operating systems on a replicated system makes the system more resilient. In 2008, while finishing my bachelor, I became a junior member of LaSIGE. I have contributed to FOREVER, advised by Professor Paulo Sousa and Professor Alysson Bessani. I have implemented a replicated system using virtualization (Xen Hypervisor) with different operating systems, and also a proactive recovery mechanism to replace the virtual machines with differente operating systems.
- SUPERCLOUD (User-Centric Management of Security and Dependability in Clouds of Clouds)
- SEGRID (Security for smart Electricity GRIDs)
- DIVERSE (Diversity for Intrusion-Tolerant Systems)
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “SieveQ: A Layered BFT Protection System for Critical Services”, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 511–525, Jun. 2018.
- André Nogueira, Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “On the Challenges of Building a BFT SCADA,”, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks (DSN), 2018, pp. 8.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “Towards an Execution Environment for Intrusion-Tolerant Systems”, in Poster in the 11th European Conference on Computer Systems (EuroSys), London, UK, Apr. 2016.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Ilir Gashi, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Rafael R. Obelheiro, “Analysis of OS Diversity for Intrusion Tolerance”, Software: Practice and Experience, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 735–770, Jun. 2014.
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “An intrusion-tolerant firewall design for protecting SIEM systems”, in Workshop on Systems Resilience in conjunction with the Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Jun. 2013.
- Miguel Garcia, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Alysson Bessani, “DIVERSYS: DIVErse Rejuvenation SYStem”, in NFORUM 2012 - Simpósio de Informática, Lisbon, Portugal, Sept. 2012.
- Miguel Garcia, “Diversity Management in Intrusion Tolerant Systems”, Master’s thesis, Mestrado em Informática, Departamento de Informática, Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa, Sept. 2011.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Nuno Ferreira Neves, “Diverse OS Rejuvenation for Intrusion Tolerance”, in Poster in Supplement of the IEEE/IFIP International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks, Jun. 2011.
- Miguel Garcia, Alysson Bessani, Ilir Gashi, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Rafael R. Obelheiro, “OS Diversity for Intrusion Tolerance: Myth or Reality?”, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependable Systems and Networks - DSN'11. Hong Kong, China, June 2011., Jun. 2011.
BibTeXNavigators - Miguel Garcia
|Faculty members||Alysson Bessani, António Casimiro, Fernando Ramos, Ibéria Medeiros, Nuno Ferreira Neves, Pedro M. Ferreira|
|Post-doc researchers||João Sousa, Salvatore Signorello|
|PhD students||AdrianoSerckumecka, Diego Kreutz, Fernando Alves, Gonçalo Jesus, JoaoAmado, Luís Marques, Max Alaluna, Miguel Garcia, Paulo Antunes, Regivaldo Costa, Rui Marques, Túlio Ribeiro, Vinicius Vielmo Cogo|
|Hired researchers||Eric Vial, Ricardo Mendes, Tiago Oliveira|
|MSc students||Ana Fidalgo, BrunoLourenco, Bruno Nunes, Carlos Nascimento, Claudio Martins, Diogo Duarte, Diogo Gonçalves, Diogo Pires, Diogo Sousa, Francisco Araujo, Gonçalo Reis, José Batalheiro, João Pinto, João Silva, Kleomar Almeida, Miguel Moreira, Pedro Alves, Pedro Gaspar, Ricardo Morgado, Rui Pedro Caldeira … further results|